Thursday 22 September 2011

Bigotry versus Anti-Religious Sentiment

Bigotry is a word that can be used synonymously to prejudice, in most cases. Basically, it is a certain expectation that somebody has and is unwilling to change. It is something that is fought against very harshly by much of the Liberal minded media. Or at least, that is their stance, although in reality, there are only certain ideas that they fight against, while they seem to be working hard to preserve others. One of the views they oppose most vigorously seems to be anything connected to religious feelings. For instance, they despise belief in God while adamantly defending any sort of scientific idea, whether it is proven or not. They revile against self-discipline, particularly when it comes to relationships, promoting whatever they think feels good at the time.

I will not succumb to mainstream, though. They may despise some of my opinions as inconsequential, and hate my life style. I like my life, though. I will not change the way I live my life, no matter what the masses may think. I will not submit to every urge, whether it be homosexual, homicidal, or any other urge. I will choose how I live my life for myself, and I will not act according to how the Liberal media portrays what life should be. I have no use for them. They are free to live their own lives thus, but they will not rule how I live mine.

And yet, somehow, they seem to think that if I have opinions on how life should be lived, and if I live my life by those values, they have the right to force me to give them up. They are not prejudiced, they are Right, and I have no right according to them to disagree. How can they be so stupid? Do they in truth not see the dishonesty of their beliefs? That they have prejudices? I at least am aware of mine, and understand that they do not wish to share them, and because of the freedoms that they have been given, are free to hold their own opinions on life. I will not oppose their right to that. But when they will fight my right for the same, what can I do but fight? Should I be shunned for harmless opinions that cannot stop anyone from living as they choose simply because of what those opinions are? Because I do not approve of homosexual behavior? Because I do not approve of infidelity and dishonesty? Because I do not accept that natural urges should be acted upon?

Think on it! Freedom is life!

No comments:

Post a Comment